In civil engineering

Civil Engineering | Praktikal Di Syarikat Consultant

people sitting down near table with assorted laptop computers
Assalamualaikum and hi readers!

Lately, I have taken my time and holiday to be an intern at the Civil and Structural Engineering firm somewhere in Malaysia. Well, from what I can say, there are so many bad and good things happen around me recently. Working as an intern here is completely different like when I was an intern at Sime Darby. Probably because this is a C&S firm and Sime Darby is a developer company. You can read about my experience when I was an intern at Sime Darby. (Link)

p/s: acah-acah session 👷

At here, I can implement most of the subjects that I have learned in my studies. Especially for all the design subjects (foundation engineering, hydrology, hydraulics, highway & traffic engineering, reinforced concrete 1&2, and many more). I learned how to correct the drawing by using AutoCAD and some other similar software, which is ZWCAD. To be honest, I was so afraid to be an intern here since this professional field of work requires a lot of knowledge and imaginations. As an engineer, I need to design the structure that can withstand for a very long time. One single mistake can cause fatality. It is a very long process to achieve the best design for a project. But the thing is, I learned a lot from the engineers here. They always guide me with their best effort. I feel so thankful to them and they got my respect.

There are so much more of the things that I can learn here because I just started internship last 30th June. I can assure you that there will be much more to share with you guys later!

-Nana 🙋
How about you guys? have you work as an intern before? Tell me in the comment section down below!

Related Articles

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your internship, so glad to hear that you're learning so much! Wishing you the best of luck with everything! :)

    Paula | Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very thoughtful and generous words from you. thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. Reading this post makes me feel grateful that I am not an engineer. Everything sounds so intimidating and I feel like you are one of the amazing people who could it. Good luck for your internship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are so many time I am doubting myself studying civil engineering. it is intimidating. But, you can do it very well once you put your mind on it. Thank you Tqa! ^^

      Delete

Followers