In Covid-19 viral

Covid-19 | Things We Took For Granted Before The Pandemic


Hello everyone!

 

For sure, all of us still struggling to live with this pandemic. Last March 2020, our country decided to do Movement Control Order (MCO) where our movement restricted. We were needed to stay at home. No school, no work, no recreation for a few months. It was a struggle not only for me but for everyone. Before the pandemic, we were free to do whatever we want. In my case, it was very depressing. I had to stay at home far from my family because I just started working 2 weeks before the major lockdown where I used my savings to survive there.

 

I stayed in a rented house with my best friend. Maybe, the lockdown was joyful for others but not for me. My savings decreasing from day by day and need to wait at the end of the month to get my first paycheck. To be honest, I cried every time I video called my family at home. I cried every time I watch people's Instastory, WhatsApp status and Facebook updates.

 

Nevertheless, I went through that time very well because of my best friend. We support each other's mental health very well. Now, we had to live our life with Covid-19. The virus is still spreading in our community and it is very scary as the cases increased tremendously during this third wave. We need to follow the SOP given by the government to decrease the risk of infection. So, there are so many things that we're able to do freely before, but not anymore.

 

We live in a world where we can do anything and to go anywhere that we want. We don’t live in the past where everything was restricted because of war or whatsoever. That’s why we might be feeling so suffocated where everything is restricted. I miss those moments that we were so free without this Covid-19. Here are the things we took for granted before this pandemic.


1.       No need to wear a face mask in public.

I really miss this. FYI, after the lockdown, I started working back. I worked in the office, also on site. I had no problem to work in the office wearing a face mask but when I am on-site, it was a struggle even to breathe freely. I had to keep on the face mask the whole time working on-site under the scorching hot weather in Malaysia. That was the worst.

 

2.       Hiking with friends/family

Before this pandemic, we could go hiking with friends or family in a large crowd. But now, we could not go to hiking without worrying that we might be the next Covid-19 patient.

 


This photo was taken when I went hiking at Bukit Keluang, Besut, Terengganu. The view was breathtaking. The track was easy but quite steep. The track would be slippery if I came after raining.


3.       Window shopping

OMG! I am dying to go for window shopping and worrying that I might be broke before the end of the month because I shop for too much instead of worrying that I might be infected with this virus if I go to the mall for shopping. Currently, I really want to go to the bookstore and art supplies shop. But I do not want to go out frequently because the virus is still out there.


4.       Travel

If you choose to travel right now, it is the same as you walk right into the lion’s cage. It is not a wise choice to travel at the moment, especially to travel outside the country. But even travelling in the country is not preferable since it is better for us to stay at home at the moment. 




This photo was taken when I went to Lata Kolam Air Deru Ecopark at Jerteh, Terengganu. The water was crystal clear and cool. Sometimes, I wish that these pretty places were unknown to the public. So, the beauty and cleanliness of these places conserved. 


5. Hanging out in the crowd area

Yes. Nowadays, we can't be in crowd places without feeling paranoid. I love going to Pasar Malam, Pasar Pagi and flea market. 


Last but not least, I really hope that this pandemic will be over soon. I miss being free. I miss life before the pandemic.


Thank you!

-Nana

Related Articles

7 comments:

  1. Mee to.. hope this pandemic will be over soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully this pandemic will end soon.Amin

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello I'm your new follower #560 :) nice to know your blog. lol I should know it sooner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear. Welcome to my humble blog. Thank you :D

      Delete
  4. Kannnn. Me too! InshaAllah we can win this.

    ReplyDelete

Followers