In Artwork Drawing Lifestyle

Artwork | Why I love to Draw

 


Hi readers!

To be honest, ever since I started working, it has been hard to maintain everything that I have done during my free time back when I was a student. I used to draw so much to the point that my bedroom wall was full of my drawings. I used to explore many kinds of arts such as pen sketching, architecture sketching, portraits, doodles, painting, digital arts and many more. I have tried it all but I do not feel I have mastered any. Hahaha! After a lot of exploring, I found that I do better in pen and architecture sketching. But only in black and white because I do not have any good sense of colour combination. My drawings always turned out bad when I decided to colour them. So, I just let it be black and white, just like my life. >-<

Moreover, I found that doing this kind of art style really heals me and helps me to calm my mind. The more tiny my lines were, the more that I found myself healed from all the things that stress me out (Well, at least at the moment). Drawing really helped me to discover, reflect on and to express myself. There was a moment when I felt overwhelmed and started to draw, and once I started I felt like my mind went blank and only focused on the drawing. After a while, I started to reflect on myself and realise what kind of actions I should take or avoid. It feels like I have found myself while drawing and it helped me to think of something calmly. I even think that I wish that I could do it forever. But, I have decided to not work in the art field because this is the thing that I love to do as a hobby and I don't want it to change to be something that will be stressing me out.

I actually don't really like people to watch me while I draw. It feels really uncomfortable. When I draw, I prefer to completely exclude myself from the world. I don't even like to be in the same space with others while I draw. Is it an introvert thing? hahaha!

Actually, my work field is also related to what I love to do. I work in the design field. But engineering design for houses. As a metaphor, architects work to design the human exterior (i.e. skin, flesh, eyes, nose, feet, fingers, body shape) while engineers design the support of the body (bones). The architect designs the house but we, the civil engineers design the support of the house (i.e. beam, column, foundation). But the civil engineer's scope of work is actually wider than that. 

So, during work, I actually have felt in a slump. Designer slump. Hahaha! The feeling was almost the same as people in the art field felt. To get rid of that thing in a moment, we need to take five and go for a walk, go see some greens or take a shower to get our inspiration back.

How about you? do you have anything you like to do to spend your free time? I am going to share my latest drawing that I follow from Pinterest. Since I am not drawing professionally, I just search for some inspiration from Pinterest and copy to redraw for my leisure.


Thank you for reading!

Much love,
- Nana

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers